Fun Facts About Online Shopping!
Since online shopping surfaced in the early internet days, it has grown from little DIY websites and local stores to worldwide conglomerates and global giants. Online shopping is so popular that holidays have been created to commemorate this activity! In honor of what we do best, we thought we’d put together a little list of fun facts about America’s internet past time.
Check out these fun facts we gathered about online shopping!
- 77% men and 68% women shop during lunch hour.
2. The first online shopping site on the internet created by Pizza Hut in 1994.
3. Approx. 40% of online shoppers consult online reviews before they shop.
4. Nearly 50% of Millennials say they regularly browse for items that they don’t necessarily plan on buying.
5. On average, an online shopper will visit 3 websites before making their purchase.
6. Visitors are more likely to abandon their shopping cart if free shipping is not offered.
7. 71% of online shoppers believe that they will get a better value online than in physical retail locations.