Survival Guide To the Post-Thanksgiving Shopping Weekend
Sure, Thanksgiving is almost here. More importantly, the holiday shopping season kicks off with Black Friday immediately after. Here is a fun guide to help you handle all the craziness of shopping on Black Friday through Cyber Monday.
- Do your research. Make sure you know the average price of the item you want. Compare prices online and use price comparison websites to help with this.
- Be prepared. Scour Thanksgiving Day circulars and ads to make a list of items you want or intend to buy and map out a game plan. Make sure to include a set budget!
- Narrow it down. If you don’t have specific items on your list to buy, at least specify quantities, colors, sizes, brands, etc. It’ll be narrow your search and save time.
- It’s always a good idea to think of an alternative, similar, orr backup gifts in case you miss out on a sale. Or plan for some alternate shopping destinations in case they’re out at the first store you visited. Stores will run out of items.
- Last, be patient, be polite and make sure you prepare yourself for disappointment in case you don’t receive the item that you hoped to get. Be courteous to store employees or online customer service agents. It isn’t their fault and they deserve a happy holiday as well!