In these times of uncertainty, we want to let you know the precautions 5miles is taking to ensure the safety of your wellbeing. Take a look at what we’re doing in response to the COVID-19 crisis:
Steps to ensure the safety of 5milers:
The CDC has provided a list of recommendations if you schedule a meetup with a seller. We recommend you follow these tips:
- If you or someone in your household doesn’t feel well, it is best to stay home to avoid spreading symptoms
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when you have to go out in public
- Sellers: make sure to disinfect the product you are selling
- Wash your hands before and after the meetup, and make sure to not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
5miles’ advice to meeting up in person
Our advice to you is instead of meeting up in person and paying with cash, we recommend using a mobile payment app such as Venmo, Zelle, or cash transfer through the bank. If your only option is to pay by cash, then place the cash in an envelope at an agreed on the location for the seller to pick it up. We advise you to minimize contact with others as much as possible. Set up your meetup location in a safe and well-lit location to ensure each other’s safety. Remember, to maintain your safety, always maintain social distancing by 6 feet between buyer and seller. Don’t forget to wear a face mask as well!
5miles’ COVID-19 Supplies
If you are unable to purchase a face mask or make a cloth mask, 5miles has a designated COVID-19 section to help you out! Our COVID-19 supplies are quality guaranteed and are shipped out in 24 hours with free shipping. Check out the 5miles COVID-19 section on the app for more information.
Thank you from 5miles
We hope you and your family are in good health and taking good care of yourselves. Thank you for following these steps in order to help protect each other.