Happy National Handmade Day!
The first ever National Handmade Day is this Saturday, April 7. Planned to be celebrated annually on the first Saturday of April, the day will recognize all those who put forth their creative talents into gifts and goods. Whether its baked items, beauty products, toys, or artwork, those who create handmade gifts do so with an eye toward craftsmanship.
You can shop your local handmade artisan stores and see their latest offerings. You can also search the Art & Collectibles and Fashion & Accessories channels on 5miles to find unique, ready-made pieces or find a professional who can create a customized item for you. If you own a small business or create handmade items yourself, be sure to post your services and collections to the 5miles marketplace!
Share your favorite finds and use #NationalHandmadeDay to share on social media. For inspiration to finished pieces, here some handmade items you can find on 5miles right now:
For Your Home
- Michael B. of Branford, CT makes custom handmade wooden signs. He cuts, sands torches, clear-coats and handpaints his items. His prices are $10 each or 3 for $25.
- Yash of Bethesda, MD is selling many handmade vintage and persian rugs. Prices start from $600 and come in a variety of sizes and colors.
- Stephanie N. of Aliquippa, PA makes colorful handmade dream catchers.She is selling large dream catchers and smaller rubberband dream catchers starting at $10.
- Dhathri A. of Madison, WI is selling original handmade acrylic paintings on canvas. Prices for pieces are between $15-$100.
For Your Kids
- Martha G. of Fort Worth, TX makes many themed handmade crochet sets for babies. Her collection includes Minions, Disney, sports, and superhero inspired items like beanies, shoes, and bottoms. Her sets start at just $15!
- Katherine C. of Colonie, NY makes cute handmade crowns and headbands for kids.Her listing price is $100 but she does encourage you to make your own offer!
- Gabriella S. is selling a beautiful handmade white veil in Medford, MA for $50.
- Davis-Hollie Designs of Oakland, CA is selling handmade hooded scarves. They make team-themed hoodies including college teams and kid variations like Hello Kitty and Minnie Mouse. he listed price for a hooded scarf is $45. You can chat with them through the 5miles app to see what other themes Davis-Hollie Designs offers!
- Roxanne B. of Massillon, OH sells many handmade necklaces and keychains made out stones like Red Jasper, Quartz, Agate, Calcite and more. Her keychains start at $5 and necklaces start at $8.
- Cathy W. of Plainfield, IL makes handmade charms out of Scrabble pieces. They can fit on necklaces, key rings, or bracelets. She has 150 images ready to use or can work any image you provide. Orders are available in 24hrs and pricing starts and just $3!
These are just 10 of the thousands handmade items that can be found all around the country on the 5miles marketplace! Be sure to checkout the 5miles app and website so you can celebrate #NationalHandmadeDay in style.