Here are five fun facts you probably didn’t know about waffles!
- Did you know: “Waffle” comes from the old German “wefan” which means to weave something into the shape of a honeycomb.
- Did you know: The Southern chain Waffle House is the most famous waffle outlet in the United States. Since opening 60 years ago, they’ve served just over 877 million waffles (about 145 each minute).
- Did you know: The world’s largest waffle is an eight-foot-long, 110 pound brunch bomb created by Stitching Gouda Oogst in the Netherlands in 2013. (find more info here)
- Did you know: the reason August 24th is “National Waffle Day” is because that’s the day Cornelius Swarthout received the first U.S. patent on the waffle iron in 1869.
- Did you know: The word “waffle” first appeared in the English language in 1725.
Are you hungry yet? Want some waffles? Check here for great deals on waffle makers being sold on 5miles!
The Bathroom Reader – http://bit.ly/2bFiWAY
Mobile Cuisine – http://bit.ly/2bFkVVK