The 88th annual Academy Awards are coming up this weekend, and millions of movie lovers and goers around the world will be tuning in to see which film wins the motion picture industry’s highest honor.
For many an Oscar watcher, this truly is the most exciting event of the year. To get you primed for the big night, 5milers across the U.S., from L.A. to Dallas to Miami, have a host of classic movie and other memorabilia to indulge your Oscar tastes.
- 50 Years of Oscar – hardcover book: $30 (Gregory Michaud of Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Award-winning DVD movies: $2 each (Mike Mannix of Southlake, Texas)
- Movie carousel: $10 (Mike Hibler of Fort Worth, Texas)
- Movie posters—Gone with the Wind (1939), The Return of the Jedi (1983): $25 each (Jeff De La Torre of Garland, Texas)
- Movie tickets: $15 for two (Alex N. of Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Oscar-winning pictures—The Sting (1973), American Beauty (1999), Gladiator (2000), Chicago (2002), and Crash (2005): $5 each, or $25 for the set (Raul Castro of Miami, Fla.)