5miles Finds: Spectacles by Snapchat
“Spectacles” have been around for about seven centuries, but early versions were only worn by monks and scholars. It wasn’t until the invention of the printing press in 1452 and an increase in literacy that the demand for eyewear grew as well. Every year on June 6, we take a moment to appreciate this useful and stylish invention on National Eyewear Day.
Eyewear today not only improves our vision, but it also protects it while adding elements of style and personality. Today, we can capture what we see through our own eyewear and share it with the world through photos and videos.
Snapchat has found a way to make Spectacles carryable and wearable enough for people to use them as their default sunglasses. This could lead to more content being produced from just the first person POV. According to The Verge, recording on and watching snaps by Spectacles are both are incredibly fun, and will only become more so as people get used to how they should actually use Spectacles.
Here are just a few of the many Spectacles we found on our marketplace!
- Chadwick P. of Fort Lauderdale, FL is selling 3 pairs of Spectacles for $550
- Jessie M. of Los Angeles, CA is selling a coral pair of Spectacles for $85
- Tim C. of New York, NY is selling brand new Spectacles for $300
- Mark Kwan of North Hollywood, CA is selling teal spectacles for $225
- Lucia H. of Los Angeles, CA is selling coral Spectacles for $100
- David O. of Miami, FL is selling black Spectacles for $120
Be sure to post your spectacles (they don’t have to be by Snapchat) on 5miles so others can find what they are looking for! The 5miles marketplace has what you need to celebrate #NationalEyewearDay, let us know what you found in the comments or on our Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram!