How to make extra money each month using marketplace apps.
Have you ever considered making extra cash by buying and selling items using a marketplace app like 5miles? Here’s a way to help you cash in with very little to zero overhead.
While many people believe that in order to make money you must spend money, 5miles has a Free & Donation section that can help you avoid heavy spending. Sometimes users are extremely motivated to declutter or would rather not bother with negotiating a sale. While not everything is perfect, you can find some great items and treasures here.
Here are 5 tips you can use to leverage the Free & Donation section.
- Remember, the early bird gets the worm. It’s always good to check the free section in the mornings (between 7-10am). Lots of people list their items early in hopes to have them gone by the end of the day.
- Larger items like appliances or furniture often yield the best returns.
- Do your research. If you find an item that you think is worth a lot, research it and see if you can find the original price or what comparable items are selling for.
- Don’t be afraid to put in a little work. Sometimes a little touch-up paint on furniture or tiny fixes to an item can make a huge difference and score you more cash.
- If an item doesn’t sell, you can always recycle it, list it back in the Free & Donation section or give it to charity.
Have any tips you’d like to share? Leave it in the comments below.
Happy hunting and check out the Free & Donation section on 5miles here!